C4 Coffee Co. is a staple in the New Zealand specialty coffee scene, roasting and delivering coffee to like-minded Kiwis. Our flagship Cafe, Brew Bar & Roastery in Ōtautahi, Christchurch, is expanding and we’re looking for an ambitious coffee professional and barista to join our core cafe team.
What you’ll be working with:
- Slayer Espresso
- 4 Mahlkönig 65 GBW grinders
- Mahlkönig EK-43 (Brew Grinder)
- Aeropress, V60, Chemex, Clever Drippers
Our goal is to offer unparalleled specialty coffee experiences in New Zealand, showcasing the exceptional quality achievable through C4 Coffee. Our approach involves sourcing unique, seasonal specialty coffees directly from the origin, roasting them freshly, and presenting them in a setting that features state-of-the-art equipment, consistently offering new experiences to our customers.
Our diverse collection of single origins and blends is brewed behind the bar, supporting a coffee community both locally and nationally. We encourage our patrons to savour and experiment with various brewing methods and origins, including some of the rarest micro-lots found in NZ.
Coffee is what you do, it's your profession, hobby and obsession. You’re a coffee nerd who's constantly on the pursuit for the best in coffee and consistency in the quality you deliver.
- You are dedicated to making the perfect cup and be proud to serve a range of coffees, origins and blends to customers.
- You will be passionate about providing the best experience to all our customers
- You are keen to communicate your knowledge of each origin and coffee to customers making recommendations and explaining more when customers ask.
- You have an eye for detail – ensuring consistency and methodical working.
- You are open to learning and developing your knowledge and skills.
- You’ll take ownership of your role and thrive in a cafe environment.
- This role is perfect for anyone looking to develop their professional coffee career and is keen on learning more about both coffee and the equipment we sell.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- At least two years in specialty coffee and ideally with some hospitality related qualification.
- Can dial in espresso and filter coffee
- Can pour consistent and high quality latte art
- Enjoy engaging and talking with customers
- Works calmly, and efficiently during busy periods
- Seeks out tasks during quieter periods
This is a full time position between Mondays & Saturdays.
Email your CV and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you'd be a great fit at C4 Coffee to firstname.lastname@example.org. Come join the C4 Cafe team!